Spanish football faces its penultimate La Liga game of the season this weekend as Xavi’s Barcelona take on Getafe at the Alfonso Perez Stadium on Saturday.
Getafe vs Barcelona Preview
Getafe are currently 15th in the La Liga table and have not been at their best so far this season. The Madrid-based side drew 1-1 with Osasuna last week and need to take it up a notch in this game.
Barcelona, on the other hand, are currently second in the league table and have shown considerable improvement under Xavi. The Catalan giants comfortably beat Celta Vigo 3-1 in their last game and will be hoping for a similar result this weekend.
Getafe vs Barcelona head to head and key figures
- Barcelona have an impressive record against Getafe and have won 27 of the 37 games between the two teams, with Getafe winning four.
- Getafe have beaten Barcelona at the Alfonso Perez Stadium in 2020 and could win back-to-back home games against Barcelona for the first time in their top-flight history.
- Barcelona have won more away games against Getafe (11) than any other away team in La Liga.
- Barcelona have found the goal in 12 of their last 16 La Liga away games against Getafe, but have indeed failed to find the back of the net in their previous visits.
- Getafe are unbeaten in their last four La Liga games and could have drawn four consecutive draws for the first time in the competition.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last 14 La Liga away games and have won their last six.
Getafe vs Barcelona Prediction
Barcelona have impressed under Xavi so far, but they have also had their fair share of problems this season. With the return of Ansu Fati, the Catalans will make a statement this weekend.
Getafe have struggled to cope with the rigors of the top flight this season and need to be in top form on Saturday. Barcelona are the better team at the moment and should be able to win this game.
prophecy: Getafe 1-3 Barcelona
$1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM SB
Getafe vs Barcelona Betting Tips
Tip 1: Results – Barcelona
Tip 2: Over 2.5 goals in a match – yes
Tip 3: Barcelona score first – yes
Tip 4: Ansu Fati Score – Yes