Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Los Angeles killer mom makes first court appearance in alleged murder of her 3 children Los Angeles killer mom allegedly makes first court appearance in murder of her 3 children

The Los Angeles mum who allegedly killed her three children because she believed they were possessed by demons made her first court appearance on Wednesday as her teenage son pleaded not guilty to helping her commit the shocking crime.

“Yes, Your Honor,” Angela Flores told Judge David Yaroslowski in Van Nuys Court, when he asked her if she wanted to postpone the hearing.

The 38-year-old murder suspect remained hidden behind a closed door in the courtroom, with only reporters present for the two-minute meeting, the San Bernardino Sun reported.

Flores was then escorted back to the women’s prison in Lynwood after a judge postponed the plea hearing until August 12. Her bail remains at $6 million.

Meanwhile, a 16-year-old boy identified by authorities as her son pleaded not guilty in juvenile court Wednesday to assisting Flores in the alleged murder, the newspaper reported.

The boy is being held without bail at Thelma Junior Hall and will return to court on May 25, the outlet added.

Angela Flores remained hidden behind a closed door in the courtroom, with only reporters present for the two-minute meeting.
David Crane/Orange County Register via The Associated Press

In the deaths of 12-year-old Natalie Flores, 10-year-old Kevin Yanez and 8-year-old Nathan Yanez Lores was charged with three counts of murder.

Law enforcement sources told the Los Angeles Times she claimed to believe the children were possessed and repeatedly attacked them because she thought she could drive the demons away.

Police were called to a report of an attack with a deadly weapon at the Flores home on Victory Boulevard around 7:40 a.m. Sunday. Her three other children lived out of state with their father and were not harmed in the massacre.

Police sit outside the home where Natalie Flores, Kevin Yanez and Nathan Yanez were killed.
CBS News
A police officer tapes the crime scene.
An officer tapes the area around the house.
CBS News
marked evidence.
Police marked evidence on the street near Angela Flores’ home.
CBS News

Neighbors said she was behaving erratically on Saturday night — holding a Bible, screaming, praying and lighting candles at other homes down the street.

Authorities did not say how the children died.

Angela Flores.
Angela Flores’ 16-year-old son has pleaded not guilty in juvenile court to assisting Flores in the alleged murder.
Facebook/Angela Flores

Flores previously worked as a real estate agent and event promotion company in the Kansas City area, according to public records and photos she posted on Facebook.

According to the San Bernardino Sun, Kansas City court records show she was previously in contact with Angela Medina-Corona, her ex-husband Jacob Corona (Jacob Corona) filed for divorce in 2005.

Jacobs told the Los Angeles Times that Flores called him a week before the killing and talked about religion.

Kevin and Nathan’s father, Federico Yanes-Zaldivar, has asked for privacy as his family mourns the loss of the boy.

“The family is shocked and saddened by this horrific situation,” Yanez-Zaldivar told the media in a statement.

The Ivy Academy, a charter high school in West Hills, confirmed that the two boys were students there.

In an email to parents and staff, the school’s executive director Joe Herzog said their deaths were “heartbreaking and shocking.”

“Two of our students – siblings – passed away at home last weekend,” Herzog reportedly wrote. “While we cannot speak to the accuracy of any reports, the loss of our students and friends is devastating. sexual.”

Meanwhile, Flores discussed her private life in a private Facebook group called LA Mommies and revealed that she had breast cancer.

Her first post was on July 20, 2021, according to CBS News.

Flowers and teddy bear.
Flowers and teddy bears sit in front of a makeshift memorial to the killed children.
Damian Dovarganes/Associated Press

“Hi, my name is Angela and I moved here from Kansas City six months ago. I am a mother of 6 and I am currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer,” she wrote, according to media reports.

“I work in real estate and currently work from home. I’m active but alone (except my kids) and I’m looking for some friends to go hiking, Korean spa, lunch, beach, etc. I have 4 kids still at home 16, 11 (the only girl), 9 and 7. I live in the Downey area but I drive everywhere. Let’s be friends,” she added.

Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Ariel Ourian told CBS News that Flores contacted him via Facebook.

Angela Flores.
Angela Flores claims to believe her children were possessed and attacked them repeatedly because she thought she could drive the demons away.
Facebook/Angela Flores

“When I heard the news, I was shocked. I was totally shocked. I still can’t believe what happened,” Ourian told CBS LA. “I do unpaid breast reconstruction for a breast cancer patient and she comes to me for help and I offer services to help her.”

Due to patient privacy, doctors would not comment on whether Flores was ever his patient.

“She looked like a lovely lady, but I didn’t see anything else that shocked me,” Ourian told CBS News.

US News.

Related Articles

Latest Articles