Digi-Key, a major electronic component distributor, is a hardware and software set “Private LoRaWAN-in-a-Box solution” that enables instant private IoT deployment, focusing mainly on smart agriculture and high-precision agriculture projects. “announced. Digi-Key will be the industry’s first exclusive distributor of this product.
This is a product from Seeed Studio, a hardware developer that offers open technology and agile manufacturing. A combination of hardware consisting of LoReWAN (low power wide area network) IoT sensors and gateways that can be used immediately after purchase, and software “JEDI Pro Seeed Studio Edition” of Machine Chat, a software development company that develops IoT data management solutions. .. “Achieves rapid IoT deployment and enhanced security features that enable users to fully manage device data,” he said. This shortens development time and reduces technical complexity and cost.
The main uses are as follows.
- Internal or commercial IoT projects that require data logging and monitoring
- Use case scenarios for smart agriculture, greenhouse monitoring, landscaping, irrigation, and precision agriculture
- Environment-related applications such as fire detection, refrigeration monitoring, and livestock farming
The features of “Seeed Studio SenseCAP LoRaWAN Solution” are as follows.
- Supports LoRaWAN protocol class A
- Ultra-long-distance data transmission: up to 10km in a clear location
- Supports multiple ISM bands: EU868, US915, AU915, AS923
- Supports Ethernet backhaul.Supports cellular backhaul as an option
- Industrial Grade Protection: Enclosure Protection Grade IP66. Can be used outdoors. Can operate from -40 ° C to + 70 ° C (SenseCAP sensor up to + 85 ° C)
- High reliability and stability
- Sensor battery life is 3 years or more
“Machinech at JEDI Pro Seeed Studio Edition” is a product with the following features.
- Ingest data from Seeed Studio’s SenseCAP LoRa sensor using the integrated Seeed Studio data acquisition device (Chirpstack must be installed)
- Collect data from almost any device or sensor (ingest) using an integrated HTTP API server, TCP sensor, MQTT broker
- Compose a dashboard to visualize real-time and historical data with line charts, area charts, tile charts, radar charts, and data grid charts.
- Monitor data using an integrated rules engine to activate email notifications and SMS, or run external scripts (mail notification requires an SMTP server; SMS requires a Twilio account)
- Monitor if a device or machine is online
- Apply user custom business logic to IoT data through data collection devices and action plugins
- Virtual data sensors allow developers and integrators to simulate project deployment scenarios
- Low code: Focus on settings, not coding
- Single application binaries running as a service with an integrated database and managed local data storage
- Browser-based user interface with SSL support and role-based user management
- Supports up to 200 device sensors
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone platforms