The Minecraft Cup National Association Steering Committee announced on October 21 that it will hold a second round of judging by representatives who have passed the regional block qualifiers (first round) of the “Minecraft Cup 2021 National Tournament” in various parts of Japan. From November 7th, the whole country will be divided into 5 blocks, and the content will be a presentation of those who passed the first screening and a question and answer session by the judges. The pattern will be delivered live on YouTube “Minecraft Cup”. The examination criteria and schedule are as follows. The following final review meeting is scheduled to be held online on January 30, 2022.
Work recruitment theme “Everyone’s house in the SDGs era, future town”
Create a world by incorporating the goals of one or more SDGs out of the following three.
- 3: Health and welfare for all
- 7: Give energy to everyone and clean
- 15: Let’s protect the richness of the land
- Conceptual power: Can you conceive a work theme with an idea that is not bound by the existing framework?
- Research power: Are you conducting various surveys on the theme?
- technology: Is programming or redstone being used?
- Planning ability: Can you make a plan and work on it?
- Work completion: Based on the above, is the overall quality of the work high?
Date and time
- Kansai / China block: November 7th 14: 00-16: 00 (planned)
- Hokkaido / Tohoku / Other blocks: November 13th 14: 00-16: 00 (planned)
- Shikoku / Kyushu / Okinawa block: November 14th 14: 00-16: 00 (planned)
- Tokyo block: November 21st 14: 00-16: 00 (planned)
- Kanto 6 prefectures, Chubu block: November 28th 14: 00-16: 00 (planned)
The Minecraft Cup 2021 National Tournament uses “Minecraft: Education Edition” with the concept of “a place where each person can challenge their potential” to create opportunities for children to experience programming education and digital manufacturing. An event held with the aim of maturing children’s programming thinking. We started accepting entries from July 12, and out of a total of 3087 entries, a total of 484 works, including teams and individuals, were collected.
The first screening is divided into 5 blocks: Hokkaido / Tohoku / Other, Kanto 6 prefectures / Chubu, Tokyo, Kansai / China, Shikoku / Kyushu / Okinawa, and is held by mutual voting for each block from October 8 to 22. rice field. Each work is also open to the public.
The second round of judging will be conducted by the Microsoft Certified Education Innovator (MIEE) in charge of district blocks. The content will be judged by the presentation video distribution within 3 minutes by those who passed the first screening and the question and answer session for 2 minutes, and the pattern will be delivered in real time on YouTube. The results will be announced on the official website at a later date.